- 2 pkg (461 g each) Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ White Cake Mix
- 1 box (360 g) Cinnamon Toast Crunch™, divided
- 3 containers (450 g each) Betty Crocker™ Vanilla Creamy Deluxe Frosting
- 1 cup (250 mL) red candy sprinkles
- You first Preheat oven to about 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Prepare cake mix according to package directions, folding 2 cups (500 mL) cereal into batter. Scrape and divide batter into 2 greased and parchment paper–lined 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cool for about 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- Place one cake, bottom side up, on serving tray or board. Spread with 1 container frosting. Sprinkle with 2 cups (500 mL) cereal. Cap with second cake, bottom side down.
- Spread remaining frosting evenly over top and sides of cake. Transfer to freezer for about 30 minutes or until icing is set.
- Meanwhile, create 6-inch (15 cm) maple leaf stencil out of waxed paper. Place stencil on centre of cake, with top of maple leaf pointing toward one long end. Pour sprinkles over stencil, shaking stencil first before removing so sprinkles remain within lines. Lightly mark two lines, 1/2-inch (1 cm) from edges of the maple leaf, along short ends. Pour sprinkles along sides of cake to create red bands.
- Crush remaining cereal and press up over sides of cake.
To make your own stencil, print maple leaf outline on paper. Trace onto waxed paper; fold in half and cut out outline with scissors.
- Category: cake,bake
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: canadian
- Serving Size: 24
- Calories: 450
- Sodium: 350
- Fat: 17
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 25
Keywords: Canada ,150 ,Flag Cake