Our busy lives often leave us with little or no time to watch what we eat. Be it a 9 to 5 job, a work from home job or whatever – sometimes the work time gets the best of us and we do not find time to even have our meals. Now, find ourselves torn between the heap of work that needs to be completed and our hunger and basic need for nutrition. To find a middle ground, we resort to unhealthy snacking habits that keep us full but don’t benefit us in any way. Prolonged consumption of these unhealthy snacks can lead to health deterioration and binge-eating disorder that can in turn give rise to several other health conditions that are severe.
The best thing to do in such scenarios is to keep healthy snacks from brindisa.com as your standby. If you are unable to excuse yourself from work to complete your square meal, then eating healthier alternatives to the common snacks can help. We need our nutritional balance to be intact and that cannot be compromised. Plus, these alternatives taste exactly as good as your favourite snack, if not better. In short, it gets you the best of both worlds.
Healthy Snack Alternatives For Quick Consumption
We must never forget to take good care of our bodies and it all starts with us watching what we eat. Even if you are stuck at or with work, make sure you have some quick bites to resort to that are healthy options as well. In this section of the article, we have accumulated a list of 5 healthy snack items that you can munch on to your heart’s content without having to worry about severe health-related consequences. Let us know a little about them:
- Cookies – Healthy cookies that are made with organic ingredients are probably your first option if you want something easy to carry around and eat. Chocolate cookies similar to these gourmet shipped cookies are also really popular choices among the common mass. They come in various flavors, shapes and sizes and are as fun to look at as they are delectable to eat. Healthy cookies that come in different flavors have a lot of other healthy ingredients in them as well like dry fruits, nuts, etc. that come together to fulfil your daily nutrient requirement. They are rich sources of fibres, proteins and other such essential minerals.
- Chips – Probably one of the more popular snacking choices on this list, chips and puffs are desirable to people of all ages and professions. It is a great way to satiate your hunger and they also come in various flavours and assortments that make them equally enticing. However, instead of eating fried chips that are extremely unhealthy, try healthier alternatives to the same like baked brown rice chips and so on. Unlike what most people believe, these chips and puffs are extremely appetizing. You have several different options to choose from in case you want to mix things up and keep things fresh. Regular chips that are fried are detrimental to your health because they contain trans fat – these alternatives do not. They also do not contain any artificial flavouring and additives which makes them far more organic and better for your health. Some of these chips are rich sources of iron and calcium and are quite low on sugar as well. As far as quick snacks go, you can substitute your lunch for these chips and puffs without worrying about a thing.
- Namkeens – Indians cannot do without namkeens. We are wired to look for namkeens whenever we are in the mood for some savouries. Namkeens are popular among all cultures as it is one of the most convenient and flavoursome options of snacking. However, that doesn’t mean that namkeen snacking is encouraged. It is extremely unhealthy and detrimental to your overall health. Also, prolonged consumption can lead to the development of eating disorders. But as mentioned earlier, Indians cannot survive without namkeens. That is why the demand for healthier alternatives to conventional namkeens are on the rise. These namkeens are made from naturally occurring ingredients and do not contain additives and preservatives, making them fit for binge-eating. Furthermore, most of these namkeens are rich in fibre which means that eating them will ensure that you do not have hunger pangs for an extended period. They help in improving digestion and are loaded with proteins, vitamins and other such essential minerals that our body needs for daily functioning.
- Berries – A great way to get those nutrients in your body while munching on something delicious is to have berries as your go-to snack. There is no dearth of essential minerals and some rare nutrients as well. Who doesn’t like berries? Everyone loves them because they are delightful to taste and there are so many varieties that you’ll be spoilt for choice. For example, blueberries pack a punch that most other healthy food items cannot. They are rich in essential minerals, vitamins and even antioxidants. It helps flush out toxins and keeps the body fresh, clean and healthy. Furthermore, blueberries even help improve brain power and boost your immune system. You can consume them anyhow you want – you can create a mix of different kinds of berries and carry them with you, use it as a topping or have it with another healthy snack item of your choice.
- Energy Bars – Energy bars are easy to carry power punches of vitamins, protein and other essential minerals that everyone loves to snack on. Snack Bars and/or Protein bars contain organic flavouring for variety and appeal to people from different professions (bodybuilders, the average office goer, athels, students, etc.). It is easily one of the more popular choices on this list and for good reason.
These are the 5 best alternatives that can suit your snacking habits. So binge away to glory without worrying too much about your health.