Nanaimo Bars have dependably been a most loved of mine, and I wedded a man who adores them much more. When we got hitched, I had my Mom’s recipe and he had his Mom’s recipe and I mixed them together to think of the best! Nanaimo! Bar! Ever! All things considered, in any event as I would see it.
- 3/4 cup butter/margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups Graham (hee!) cracker crumbs
- Mix together and place in 8-inch square pan. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Chill.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sifted icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp Birdseye (or any) custard powder
- 1/4 cup cream/milk (as needed to keep soft)
- Mix together, put on top of the bottom layer, and chill.
- 3 chocolate squares
- 1/4 cup butter margarine (melted)
- Stir together and spread on top with a spatula.
- Try not to eat the entire batch in one sitting.