If you are staying in Malaysia, ice cream is everyone’s dessert to cold their body during the hot day or to cool down after eating something spicy. So, for today’s recipe, we going to share with you guys a trendy yet simple recipe in Malaysia. If in the Philippines, Okinawa Milk Tea Powder is popular to make a homemade bubble tea, in Malaysia Cadbury Chocolate is trendy to make a homemade chocolate ice cream. With this easy method and simple ingredients, you can make as much ice cream as you want and serve it with your favorite dessert such as sourdough pancake.
- 2 to 2.25 cups cream – 25% to 50% fat cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 180g Cadbury Chocolates, chopped
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup tightly packed brown sugar or regular sugar or half-half of both regular sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- To begin, combine all the ingredients: 2 to 2.25 cups cream (25 to 50% fat), 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 180g Cadbury chocolate that has been chopped, 1/2 cup condensed milk, and 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar. You may also use normal sugar or a half-and-half mixture of regular and brown sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk and brown sugar. Keep this pan on the stovetop on low heat and stir frequently with a whisk or spoon until the sugar melts.
- Once all of the sugar has been dissolved, turn off the heat and leave the pan alone. Mix in the cocoa powder well.
- Combine the condensed milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla essence in a mixing bowl. Keep this mixture aside after thoroughly mixing it. Allow this chocolate mixture to cool completely at room temperature.
- Mix cold cream in a blender and mix at high speed until hard peaks form. To whip, you can also use an electric beater. Whip until the peaks are firm.
- When you turn the bowl over, the cream will thicken and should not fall off or if you scoop out the whipped cream and take it out, the whipped cream will not fall off.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- Then add the chocolate mixture. Add the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream carefully and quickly. The cream should not lose its peaks or volume and should not become flat. Fold carefully and slowly. Folds well.
- Put the ice cream mixture in a container or box. Close the lid tightly and put the ice bucket or container in the refrigerator. Freeze for 8-9 hours or overnight, or until the ice cream hardens.
- Take the ice cream box out of the refrigerator and let it cool to room temperature for a few minutes before serving. Then, using an ice cream scooper, scoop the ice cream and enjoy!