This is perfect meal to make the day before Thanksgiving, it save you some precious time – and more even sanity! This is also great for Holidays, celebrations such as Easter and New year celebrations.
Simple Oven-Baked Stuffing Ingredients
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced yellow onions
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) diced carrots
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) diced celery
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried rosemary (or 2 tbsp/30 mL chopped fresh rosemary)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 18 cups (4.5 L) white or brown sandwich bread, cubed (no need to dry it out first)
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) chicken or turkey stock
Simple Oven-Baked Stuffing Preparation Steps
1. Preheat the broiler to 350°F (180° C).
2. Soften butter in huge soup pot or stock pot over medium-high warmth. Include onions, carrots and celery and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until starting to mollify.
3. Mix in poultry flavoring, rosemary, salt and pepper. Keep cooking 2 minutes more. Expel from warmth.
4. In two groups, add bread 3D shapes to pot, mixing to equitably convey seasonings and veggies. Pour in stock and mix. Exchange to extensive heating dish, for example, lasagna pan. Spread with foil.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Expel foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve promptly or, if making ahead, cool, spread and refrigerate. Warm before serving.