While this recipe positively wouldn’t fulfill chicken parm conventionalists, we can’t resist the urge to cherish how simple it is. Indeed the simmering pot acts the hero for this variant of chicken parm. Only toss each of the three (truly, it just takes three!) fixings into the slow cooker, cook on low for 6-8 hours and you have a healthy dinner. Since this recipe doesn’t require digging the chicken in egg and bread pieces, the tidy up is quite simple also.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parm Ingredients:
- 18 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
Slow Cooker Chicken Parm Preparation Steps:
1. Place chicken in the crock pot. If you’re using frozen chicken tenders, no need to thaw.
2. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. Before serving sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and sauce. Re-cover to let the cheese melt.
4. Serve with pasta, garlic bread and/or salad.