We’re big fans of crock-pot recipes, especially during the winter months. It’s just so easy to throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker, leave it for a few hours, and by the time you’ve got the kids home, dinner is just a few minutes away.
And no recipe is more of a classic than Chicken Pot Pie. This dish makes 8 servings, so you could even share with a few friends, but you’ll most likely want to keep the leftovers for yourself for tomorrow’s meal.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Stew Ingredients:
- 1 1/4lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp dried chopped onion
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 jar chicken gravy (18 oz.)
- 2 medium celery stalks (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 2 large carrots (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 1 bag frozen peas
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Stew preparation steps:
1. Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
3. About 15 minutes before serving, stir frozen peas into chicken mixture. Cover and increase heat setting to high.
4. Before serving, remove bay leaf.
5. For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. For an extra treat, serve on top of a biscuit.