It was in 2012 that Instagram, the most famous and the largest social media platform now, started becoming popular. By 2019, it had become normal for even girls and boys of the age of 15 to have an Instagram account.
With the onset of the pandemic in 2020, we got to learn the know-how of nearly everything in the online mode. Be it work from home for grown-ups or school from home for children; everybody got used to the online mode.
And this has changed several ways of the business and industry. Not just providing a service online but also promoting your business on a social media platform has become a necessity.
Especially in this era of millennials, where social media is an inherent part of a person’s life, it plays an important role on the part of both the business and the customers. And if we talk of restaurants, it is needless to say that it is a go-to place for millennials if a restaurant has
- Good food,
- Convenient location,
- Good lighting and decor, but most importantly
- A place where people can click pictures for their social media.
Just as important it is for people to be active on social media platforms, it is important for restaurants to do active marketing on social media. The reasons are as follows:
- It increases the reach of the restaurant and helps in discovering new customers.
- It acts as a medium of communication between the restaurant and customers.
- It attracts people if marketing is done in the right way. Posting photos and videos of food and their recipes on social media is considered a good marketing strategy.
- It creates a certain brand name for a restaurant. Being in public eyes makes it easier for a restaurant to develop a brand
- It also improves the trust and loyalty of the ci=ustomers towards a restaurant.
If used properly for a restaurant, social media can work wonders. And especially in the current world scenario where nearly everything is carried out online, restaurants need to understand the importance of social media marketing and use it to their best.